|Warm Grilled Potato Salad with Aoli|
I'm pretty much a sucker for anything with aoli... love it! and it took me a long time to realize how easy it was to make, add it to the warm potatoes and it just melts over them. Just a small amount goes a long way, serve the extra aoli on the side so guests or family can add more to their own taste.
This salad was a great accompaniment to our BBQ Ribs. And leftovers are perfect for scrumptious hash the next morning!
5 Potatoes, peeled, sliced as shown and par boiled (I used Idaho in this instance but it's really up to your preference)
5 slices of Bacon finely chopped
3 green onions chopped
3 small cloves garlic roughly chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
Approx. 2 TBS Vegetable oil
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves smashed to a paste (sprinkle on some salt and using the back flat of your knife push down and smear garlic until it has formed a paste)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 cup roughly chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
|Warm Potatoes with Aioli on the Side|
1. Heat your grill on high for direct grilling. I cooked my bacon on the side burner of my grill, if you don't have one you might need to do that step inside on your stove.
|Use leftover Aioli as a tasty spread on sandwhiches!|
2. While grill is heating MAKE THE AIOLI. combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy, taste the aioli as you season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
|Par boiled potatoes then cut into fingerling strips|
4. While potatoes are cooking on the grill heat a fry pan or cast iron skillet on side burner. Cook bacon, when bacon is almost done add garlic and green onions (you don't want the garlic to burn, or the onions to be overcooked) Set aside the pan once they are done.
5. Once potatoes are cooked to your desired crispy-ness, remove from the grill and roughly chop into bite size pieces. Then add the potatoes into your pan with bacon, onions and garlic, toss thoroughly to coat evenly with the bacon fats and juices.
6. Quickly fold in approximately 2-3 TBS of aioli while potatoes are still warm. Serve warm with extra aioli on the side.