- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup fine dry wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 0.7-oz. envelope Italian salad dressing mix (5 teaspoons)
- 1 lb. uncooked ground turkey or chicken
- 4 100%whole wheat burger buns or pita bread rounds, toasted.
- Olive-Tomato Relish
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (1 oz.)..sliced or crumbled is fine.
1. In a medium bowl beat egg white with a whisk; stir in bread crumbs, milk, and half of the dry salad dressing mix. Add turkey; mix well. (Reserve the remaining half of the dry salad dressing mix for Olive-Tomato Relish.) Shape turkey mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
2. Place patties on the grill rack directly over medium heat; grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until turkey is done (165 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
3. Butter 100% whole wheat buns and grill until lightly crisp and browned. Place patty on and top with Olive-Tomato Relish and feta cheese. Makes 4 servings.
* Olive-Tomato Relish: In a small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and the remaining half of the dry salad dressing mix. Stir in 1 cup finely chopped tomato, 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber, and 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata or ripe olives. Makes about 1-1/3 cups.