1 lb (454grams) Extra Lean Ground Beef (Mince)
2 small cloves fresh garlic very finely chopped
1 Jar of Prego Traditional Pasta sauce (or your favorite.. just make sure it's thick)
1 cup of large black olives barely chopped (just quarter or half them.. we want this baby chunky!)
1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan or parmesan reggiano cheese
1/2 cup fancy shredded monterey jack cheese.. or mozarella cheese would also do.
4 1/2 hours before you want to eat start cooking lightly coat a casserole dish with non stick spray (just the vegetable oil kind). Place your Rhodes rolls apart enough that when they rise they will not touch. Cover with plastic wrap and place them where they will not be disturbed while they rise.
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 F (180C)
2. In a mixing bowl mush the ground beef and garlic and a generous dash of salt with your hands. Make sure the garlic is evenly distributed throughout the meat (This will give the meat a great flavor without flooding the sauce with it).
3. Cook meat in a frying pan on medium high heat. Don't break it up too much. Keep it in moderately large chunks. Pour pasta sauce over meat (you want it to be a meaty sauce.. not sauce with some meat so if just use your eye to judge how much pasta sauce to add it usually works to be roughly one jar) and reduce to low temp. Stir in Olives. Cook until sauce is heated all the way through then remove from heat.
4. Lightly dust counter and rolling pin with plain flour. Take a piece of dough and gently flatten it out. Be careful not to flatten it too much or it will break when you fold it over. You should have a circle size bread dough like a mini pizza.
5. Mix your cheeses together in a bowl.
6. Layer the calzone starting with a small bit of cheese blend, scoop of sauce and then another dash of cheese on top of the sauce (as shown in picture).
7. Quickly Fold over one size to the other.. be careful not to let any sauce get near the edges as it will not let you seal the edges together once it is wet.
8. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray and place calzone carefully (so as not to puncture dough) sprinkle tops with cheese to your taste. Make sure calzones are 2-3 inches apart and not touching.
9. Cook approx. 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and dough is browned on top (as shown in picture above)
Serve and Enjoy.!~