background

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Kaffir Lime Tree

Recently I have had so much trouble locating Kaffir Lime leaves for my Thai cooking. After driving for 3 1/2 hours to Salt Lake City and still having no luck I decided it was worth the investment to purchase a tree myself.  I took the time to research before I bought, I ordered seeds directly from Thailand and as back up I also purchased a 2 year old tree.
While kaffir lime trees do produce cute little limes, it is rare that they are used in recipes - in fact if you have a recipe for some let me know!. The leaves however are like a snippet of gold. 

I purchased my tree from "The Tasteful Garden" which is located in Alabama. They have a great selection of other plants online as well. I was very satisfied and happy with my little tree. They take a little bit of TLC.. lots of sunlight, a little bit of soil treatment ever 2-3 months, and I spray it with water every couple of days to make it think it is in humidity. Worth it? TOTALLY. Here is the link to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment