background

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cool Chicken Summer Wraps


I will be honest, I am not a fan of pre-cooked/frozen food. But I saw the challenge from Tyson to create a meal with their new ready to eat grilled chicken and I thought it would be a good challenge to try to create a good tasting meal using it. My family had no idea they were eating pre-cooked chicken, and it saved me cooking, cooling and chopping my own chicken.
This recipe is flavorful and refreshing and a quick and satisfying meal for your family.
If you don't want to use precooked chicken go ahead and cook your own, but for me.. experiment tyson chicken strips was a success.


Ingredients

3-4 cups Tyson Grilled and ready chicken breast strips
1 small bunch cilantro chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped sundried tomatoes
3 stalks celery chopped
2 Lemons/juiced
Olive Oil to your preference
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
1 Tbsp dried oregano
Fresh tortillas

Directions

Heat Chicken strips and chop to small pieces.
Mix cilantro, tomatoes, celery, chicken  ingredients together in a large bowl.  Drizzle on olive oil and juice to desired moistness and sprinkle through seasonings.
Chill in fridge until you are ready to serve. Keeps well for up to a week. 
When ready to serve,warm fresh tortillas and let people just wrap up their own.
Quick, easy, tasty and crunchy this is a great cooling summer meal or snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment