background

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper Aioli

For Jeff and Merrit Bowden

I might have mentioned before how much I love aioli!. I Served this with our grilled chicken sandwhiches the other night. Sometimes I just like something quick and easy to make the dish "special". 
I served this on the side so the family and guests could dress their burger/sandwhiches as they liked. And then I ate the leftovers with anything and everything I could. Great for dipping vegetables or serving with crackers and cream cheese.

Ingredients
1/2 tsp grated garlic cloves
1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, drained, patted dry
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Combine garlic and red peppers in the food processor (I used my hand blender). Blend until almost smooth. Blend in the mayonnaise. With the machine running, blend in the oil. Season the aioli, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the aioli to a small bowl. (The aioli can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment