background

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pea Puree

I decided to try a pea puree after the big "Top Chef" debacle of who stole the pea puree.
 It made me think .. what is all the big deal with pea puree.
I am glad I was cheeky enough to try it because I think it was the show stopper of my luxury dinner menu.
Give it a try, even your pea haters might reconsider their attitudes to little ball of green.


(This can be made the day before and simply re-heat when ready to serve)


3 french shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 slices Pancetta finely chopped (you can substitute a thickly sliced non smoked bacon in here)
135g (1 cup) frozen peas (YES FROZEN)
3 tablespoons chicken stock or water


Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook the shallots, garlic and pancetta for 3 minutes, or until soft but not coloured. add the peas and stock. cook over high heat for 3 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.


Cool a little, then puree in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste. (I used an emulsifier... I LOVE that thing. puree and keep puree-ing until it is pretty much silky smooth)

No comments:

Post a Comment